A complete antenatal education programme that supports each individual woman and her birthing partner to prepare for their baby's birth in a way that feels right for them.
Most of the women I see come to me because they feel scared and anxious about how they will cope during childbirth.
This programme helps you understand the connection between your body and mind and how to get them working together in the best way possible for your labour and life in general.
You'll learn how to relax emotionally and physically and how to plan for success no matter what path your birthing takes. Along with practical birth planning, your birth partner's role and so much more, you can be sure that you are receiving the best possible education on how to birth your baby feeling calm, relaxed and in control.
Whilst we focus on birth being a natural event, hypnobirthing isn’t about having a ‘natural' drug free birth or one without intervention, it’s about having the tools and techniques to help you make the right choices for you on the day.
How is the course run?
I teach the Wise Hippo Birthing Programme . A complete 12 hour programme typically runs over 4 weeks and sessions take place weekly.
They are usually attended by Mum and birthing partner. I offer private one to one sessions or I can run small groups of two couples. It’s ideal for you to be between 20 – 36 weeks of pregnancy allowing plenty of time for practice.
- The Picture of Childbirth today
- Defining Hypnosis
- Acknowledging Pain
- The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
- Mind & Body connection
- The Impact of Others
- Taking charge of your thoughts
- Relaxation – the antidote to fear
- Positions for Relaxation
- Remember to Breathe
- Time Distortion
- Birth Partners Script
- Establishing a practice routine
- Prenatal bonding
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Choosing who will be with you
- Natural nudges of encouragement
- Interventions explained
- Writing your birth plan and making your birth choices
- Physical preparations for birth
- Fear release session
- Soothing strokes and the power of positive touch
- Positions for birth
- Ligaments and pelvis
- Humming your baby down – birthing your baby
- Birth partner’s role
- Using the techniques during labour
- When baby arrives
- Sea of Serenity – Birth Hypnosis session
- Your practice and preparation diary
- Intimate coaching and support to teach you hypnobirthing techniques
- MP3 tracks for relaxation and visualisation techniques
- Online resources and materials
- Birthing programme course manual
- Ongoing support for you and your birth partner up until the big day of your little one’s arrival
- Light refreshments during your sessions
- Complementary pamper me gift bag
- Well-being bundle with 10% Reflexology discount voucher.
Private : £250 per couple (Daytime slots only)
Group: £200 per couple (Max 2 couples) (Saturdays only - 9am - 12pm & 1pm - 3pm)
A £50 deposit is required upon booking
I cover the Rochdale & Bury areas.
Note: This programme is NOT an alternative to medical advice. If you have any concerns at any point during your pregnancy please consult with your doctor or midwife.